View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #247
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks doc!

here is the almost finished part
IMG_9976 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

unfortunately, it fit the perfect grille perfectly, it fit the banged up grille and tweaked fenders like poo poo. I did some grille repair, replaced the "missing tooth" for structural reasons. I intended to screw it in, but tacks made more sense. I didnt bash around on it to make it fit better because it was a bit of a dumpster fire trying to get everything lined up. I am not cut out for bodywork and even if I was, the term "diminishing returns" gets bandied about a lot and at least that term fits perfect.

IMG_9977 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9978 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9979 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

it DID put some curve back in the front end, so there is that. the fenders used to look flattened and there was no real peak to the grille, but there is now.

IMG_9980 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

washed her up

IMG_9985 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and moved her outside.

IMG_0011 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

there are little things to finish but I think I would like some time with an empty garage haha. I did get to test the cooling system, it was 94 with 60% humidity (so like 104?) and the temp gauge never went over 210. the fan only came on when I was on the dirt road going 2mph to keep the dirt from sticking to the tires. I got it up on the highway and it was wonderful with the open windshield and the glasspacks barking.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote