View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #172
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
Very nice progress! Have you tried fitting the blank cowl panel yet? I had a minor issue with mine around the wiper shaft. The panel did not sit flat on both sides. I could install the wiper bezel and nut on one side but not the other, as the panel held the bezel out just far enough that the bezel nut couldn't catch a thread.

In the end, I cheated. I used a dab of super glue to stick the cowl panel to the cowl and then pulled the panel tight with a 1/2" nut and bolt along with two big washers. The bolt pulled the cowl panel flush to the cowl and held it in place until the glue set. Then I removed the nut and bolt and installed the wiper spindle, bezel and nut with no problem.

-Joe
I haven't tried to yet. I opened it up and just sat it up there and took the pic. I'm expecting it to need some work though... I've never had an aftermarket panel that just fit. The box it came in said it was made by Dynacorn.

I'm hoping to take some time this weekend to get the 32 gallon Suburban gas tank mounted, and build my exhaust system. At least that's a goal I'm shooting for, if something else doesn't take away my weekend again.