View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #2518
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
From the mouth of Rosanna Anna Danna... "if it ain't one thing, its another!"
Victor, I believe you haven't caught a single break yet.
I agree with you, I also did not find anything in all of my searching that would indicate any such possible problem. I almost pulled the trigger TODAY and bought the EXACT fuel delivery system that failed you.
On a positive note, you helped me... and probably others in the future dodge another bullet because your kind enough to share your successes AND failures. Again, sorry, but thanks.
I'm just glad you were able to pull up before hitting the dirt, Brian. I confess to being a little bit skeptical about the diagnosis, but I put a gauge on the Corvette unit today and the return is completely inop. Backpressure was over 100 psi. Not sure if the filter is plugged or the regulator went belly up. BIL Rick will be here in a week or so and we'll do a post mortem and pass along what we find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwls13 View Post
Just read through this build (over a couple days, haha).

WOW!! Gives new meaning to "Work Truck". Fabulous build!
Thanks! Just seems like several giant steps backward right now. Once I cut the access hole in the bed and throw the new bed mat in over it, CRLS will officially be in work truck mode.

Brian Clow (Tech Director at Aeromotive) helped me out with some great pricing on the items I needed, so I'm revising the fuel system after they arrived today. They supplied the new canister filter, regulator and another pump. I needed the pump because I dropped the one that came out of the tank and of all places, it hit right on the composite outlet and snapped it off. It wasn't repairable, so the raindrops keep falling on my head.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote