View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #900
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Hello Gentlemen!!! ---

been awhile since I been on here so figured I'd check in. Truck has been driving and taking it locally to some shows in town, but Im having an overheating problem, was running no t-stat and have since put in a 160F stat to try and fix it. but still getting up to 200+ and doesnt level out.

This truck is insane... I'd sure like to do something with it, but Ive kinda lost some interest in it. Still needs some finishing touches on the interior, I gave up on the keyless security ignition system as the China rep gave up on me understanding cantonese... and some kind of english-engineering-jibberish he was speaking to me. The rear tires are so useless I cant get the power onto the ground, maybe thats a good thing cause I dont have anyway to put wheelie bars on the back, but if it ever goes to the track it will need BIG TIRE SLICKS to get down the track. I did get my boat connected up to it and took it for a little tow... which is what its orignal intent was suppose to be for... a '57 towing a '75.... just worked out right!

So just dont know, about ready to pull the 540 and drop in a 327 and be done with it! Wanna drive this thing all over the place!!!!