View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #14
Unofornaio

Re: Medium Duty trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytlb View Post
C50 rollback; Just purchased rear wheel cylinders for my 67 c50. Check these part #s out on napapartsonline.com The parts purchased can be view by entering these number once you are at the site. Each brake requires 2 cylinders one is 37159 and the other is 37160 I think that is the top one. The other side uses the same parts.

Wagner brake hardware f128905 includes Auto adj kit h2920 and wheel kit 35330002fj. The f128905 is passenger side and I'm waiting on the other side which has the #128904 to come from California. Which they said it was the last in the warehouse and i have to pay another 8$ to reserve it for me. That's a story in itself. I'll tell you what comes in the kit when it gets here.

Back to the rear wheel cylinder a friend's son picked up a 68 or 69 c50 to use on property that they are going to build a house on. His rear wheel cylinders had been spaced out with spacers to move them in the center of the brake shoe. Obviously the wrong wheel cylinder. So the kid knew that I had my rears apart, he cam over and got the part # of of mine. Narrowed it down through books that napa had. Think they were old books. Got the parts. He has put them on and have not heard anything to the contrary. So I ordered them. I think they came out of Illinois from napa's brake line of products UL (united line). The counter Guy say that the factory had like 280 of them available. So some thing is happening because five years ago the availablity was not that promising. When I first inquired they wanted 168$ a piece. That was not happening. Something must have influenced the market. Maybe it is that folks are rebuilding America one wheel cylinder at a time. You should hope to pay around 35$ per cylinder. But any wah you can see a nice pic of them on the napa site. bushy
I have a 68 C40 and looking for brake parts. In your quest for parts did you happen to learn if the 40's and 50' have the same parts?
Thanks
Unofornaio is offline   Reply With Quote