View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 10:36 PM   #468
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
I think there is a 3rd bolt in the back that is hard to spot, Don’t quote me on that but I recall the same problem, then I had to rock the heck out of it to pull it up and out. It’s heavy so if your alone rig up the engine hoist to the center stake pocket (long bed) or both front and rear (short bed) for added control.
Thanks for the tip on the engine hoist, Mike. It's probably safer than the way I was going to remove it. At least I did keep one bolt attached to the bed front so it does not completely fall off.

I was in the garage and took a quick look back there; I believe that you are probably right that I might have missed a bolt, but I have no idea where it is. This weekend I will look at it from underneath and see if I can find it. It seems to be locked on by the rear stake pocket; worse case I'll use the Sawzall to cut the stake completely off the floor.

Even though I know I still have a good amount of work to do on the cab, it's is sort of refreshing to see it back on the frame. It's sort of makes me feel like I am a little closer to the end goal.

I emailed Classic Parts and basically asked them WTF is in the cab mount kit they sent me. I included a photo from their website marked with questions, and a photo of the parts in the package I received with notes of how many of each part I received. Some of the parts are not in the photo as I installed them on one side of the cab, however I have noted if I received more than what is in the picture. There were more parts than what it shown on the LMC website or on posts on this forum. I don't really know what I am supposed to do with this stuff. It was missing the washers for the larger diameter bolts and the spacers.

Yes, I can probably go to Home Depot and get large washers, and I will probably do that, but CP needs to know they messed this up. (They did mess it up, right?) I will say they are usually very good with customer service and when they make a mistake they work with you to correct it. Despite the issues with the cab mount kit, I am still a fan of Classic Parts.

Here is what I sent them:

1. Picture from their website of what I SHOULD have received:

Here are the parts I ACTUALLY received:

and

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote