Thread: Filler
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
MARTINSR

Re: Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
What are you doing with it? I haven't found a filler that spreads easier than 3M Platinum Plus. It sands very well also. If you're skimming larger areas then it's probably the best. I never really liked Rage, it's thicker and doesn't spread nearly as well.
LOLOL like I said, "Ask 20 different bodymen and you would likely get 20 different answers. "

You are very correct that "RAGE" (the original) isn't even close to 3M Platinum, not even close! 3M Platinum is very close to "Polyester putty" like in spreading, OMG it's like honey! Very very good, but also very expensive.

Now, that's comparing it with regular old RAGE. But RAGE Xtreme or RAGE Ultra are a whole different animal than regular old RAGE. I have never done a side by side test (but I could do that today being we have both of them in the shop) but sometimes 3M is even too creamy for me.

But like I said, there are different ones that different body man love, and for good reason. They aren't wrong, there are some GOOD fillers out there! I bought a gallon of a Marson or something I don't even remember the name at the paint store that is just a few blocks from my house one day a while ago. It's a cheap "econo" brand, and this stuff is AWESOME! Spreads like honey! So there are a lot out there that work damn good.

And you are very right on what exactly is it being used for, good question to bring up. If it's big filling, something like RAGE to get that rough work done is a good way to go then finish it off with the Xtreme or 3M Platinum. Something very light but large areas, that 3M platinum or RAGE Xtreme is a great way to go.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote