View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 07:05 PM   #20
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: Missing Heater Core Stuff??

Me i like factory stuff it worked for 40 years no hiccups I was putting out there to get the heater working with all the plastic venting whit to come to the AC part that is another 500.00.I have 3 AC trucks that none of them are working But my 3 chevy trucks with Heaters they all work.That is one thing i don't skimp out on I'm In Calif as well Riverside Not as hot where you are but we get no rain you get more rain and snow then us Valley people.My grand father told me.A heater in the summer time is very much needed.You go towing on a 103 day and your in a steep grade.with 1-2 tons on your truck.An your temp gauge starts climbing.Ya most of you just talk on your phone or turn up the AC.That's why i see you on the side of the road FRYING

NB# 1 RULE WHEN YOU SEE THE TEMP GOING IN TO THE HOT TURN OFF THE AC SLOW DOWN TURN ON THE HEATER THAT EXTRA 30 SEC IS A LIFE TIME TO A HOT MOTOR 45 DEGREES COOLER BY THE TIME IT ENTER THE ENGINE AGAIN.

I will never drive a truck with out a working heater.Never blown a head gasket in any of my trucks that i own 5 and i'm in the worst business to blow up a motors Junk hauling business on some way out back road up by you Cohnopass or the Grapevine those are engine KILLERS That's why i like a full gauge package

Last edited by stsalvage; 06-22-2018 at 07:12 PM.
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote