View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #21
Bigdav160

Re: Missing Heater Core Stuff??

What I see from the pictures is your compressor and brackets are missing. Probably when the headers were installed they were removed. The lower compressor bracket isn't very compatible with headers. Other than Corvette of the 1970's those brackets were not used beyond 1972 (trucks not cars). Occasionally a whole set shows up on the parts board. The POA valve is also missing. Likely it won't cool that well with the "POA eliminator" that has been installed. The heater control valve isn't there neither. You didn't take a picture of the radiator area so I can not tell what condition the condenser is in. You'll want a new drier anyway. On the inside of the truck were your heater resides it's difficult to see what's damaged. Te diverter box, the S duct, compressor switch and ducts. All that has to come out anyway to check the heater core.

$200 look like a good deal on the aftermarket kit. That probably ran $1500 new. I can't tell from the pics which model that is or whether or not it would fit in the truck.
'73 Z-28 Camaro
'63 Ford SWB Uni Pickup
'50 Ford Coupe
Bigdav160 is offline   Reply With Quote