View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 11:43 PM   #6903
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Frozen Bleeders

Quote:
Originally Posted by palallin View Post
Actually, the one bleeder cooperated very easily. The other resisted firmly, so I switched to the line fitting, and it loosened without much trouble at all. and, oh yes: 6-pt box end or socket--absolutely!

I've got some pedal but not as much as I want, so there will be more bleeding in the near future. I would have done some more today, but the test run got everything hot, and I didn't want to crawl back under that way.

The last time I replaced the MC, I had to replace one of the short steel lines between the MC and the distribution block, and the replacement didn't survive the removal, so we had to drive into town to pick up a replacement for the replacement.

I tried to knock the little adjustment slots out of the new drums, but the stamping wasn't deep enough, and the punch just distorted the metal rather than knocking it out. I may go to the trouble of drilling, but not till Fall ;-)
I can tell you that every Dremel tool I have ever bought and worn out has paid for itself 100 times over. I've cut the bearing races off of spindles and then polished 'em enough to get a new bearing on, for example. Food for thought.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA