View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 02:29 AM   #1
Psyekl

New with a Step Van project

Hello from Northern California. I found the forum while doing research for my 1968 P20 Step Van King build (3/4 ton, 10', 133" wheelbase, V8 (though the VIN says it should have a 6-cylinder), automatic). The van runs and drives, but it is otherwise in pretty rough shape: It had been in an accident in the past and the front grill had been replaced with a non-stock replacement, the wiring is a spaghetti rats-nest, none of the gauges function, the paint is trashed, the driver's door won't open, the driver's seat is being held on with a c-clamp, the positive cable is being held to the battery with vice-grips, etc, etc, etc.... and it's freakin' awesome!!

I've helped build a few race cars, have access to a metal fabrication shop and have a friend who is not only an experienced fabricator but is willing to assist me. All I need is to find out what parts I require to update it, where to find them (i.e. which Chevy parts/vehicles are compatible) and then we're good to go! It has a V8 (I was told 350 cu in(?)), but the rear-end is geared a bit low so it will have to be changed. I have Mill Supply bookmarked in my favorites, (along with Jegs and Summit...). My idea is to go for a custom-build Rat-Rod RV that will pull a small trailer. I'll poke around with the forums' search option a bit to see what I find, but expect to get some questions coming your way for what I don't. Thanks in advance for any help I receive!
Attached Images

Last edited by Psyekl; 06-28-2018 at 01:39 AM. Reason: New Info.
Psyekl is offline   Reply With Quote