View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM   #1210
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Just remember the basics, I have this up on my wall so I don't forget.

No, honestly, that manual can be VERY valuable. You have to hear a story, sorry.

I never even looked at one for years and years, decades. I always thought those were for dummies who didn't have all the car knowledge I did, those were for people who didn't know what they were doing and had to be told like a child. I honestly thought this, I never conscientiously thought it, but in me that is what I was thinking, and I simply never touched one. Those books were for mechanical stuff to look up engine timing and head bolt torque, that was about it, NOT for anything to do with body, geeez.

Then I got my Rambler, and my brother moved out of the area (my mechanic.) I knew NOTHING about this car, first one in my life that I didn't know how many years they used that motor, or what other models used those brakes, that sort of stuff, I didn't even know how many years the body parts exchanged with, I knew nothing. This was VERY unlike anything I had ever owned.

So I got manuals for it, OMG this solved a lot of problems working with the doors, stuff was just goofy different and OMG now I found I was pulling out the manuals on my Gran Sport too, my brother bought me these, I sure wouldn't have. One day I was having a hell of a time putting the door glass in, I pulled the manual and wham done deal!

No, I was a moron, they CAN be very valuable, and actually kinda fun as they put you there in the factory or in the repair shop in 1950. I enjoy being in that repair shop in 1950.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote