View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
Nodnarb76

Re: Mice problems....

I work for a car dealership service department and see this kind of thing all the time. (usually the motors are in the cars).
I have seen mice/rodents do some serious damage to wiring when the try to nest up in an engine.
about a year ago I started up my Fiat 500 abarth (daily driver at the time) noticed a CEL, pulled code, misfire on cylinder #3 popped the hood and found the #3 coil wire chewed up and mouse droppings all over my motor. I fixed the wire and then put a small bag of moth balls in my engine compartment. This kept them away, but my car smelled like mothballs.

I noticed last week something got into my Suburban engine compartment and chewed up and made a nest from my hood insulation. they then tucked all the chewed up insulation under my engine cover. Thank goodness the rodent didn't chew any wires. Looks like I may need more mothballs and my neighbors outside cat needs to up his game and do his job!!!

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote