View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:19 AM   #2
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Re: New drum spindles?

I see a problem coming.Most of the suppliers are no longer caring parts that have to deal with Drum brakes I see it more with C20's Some of them drum you have to knock out the rear studs.It dose not hurt your truck to find a 1971-72 disc brake set up.Trust me If you don't know how to work with drum brakes.An you take it to a shop that has not touched drum brakes it will cost you a lot of money.Best thing if you go down this road Buy 2 and let me say this 1 more time Buy 2 of everything 2 sets of rear drums 2 sets of front drums and 4 sets of backing plates the spring Kits bearings and races all the seals and 1-3 sets of them spider anti nut back out peace for the rear drums and best off buy a extra set of spicier axle's.Cus in the coming years you bake something you wont find it that's why people up date.I have a 1968 longhorn bought it back in 1991 its been sitting for that amount of time.I would like to converting it over to front disc brakes cus it takes me a hell of a lesser time to change my brakes

Last edited by LockDoc; 07-01-2018 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Pictures add nothing to the thread
stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote