View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:29 AM   #11
Woody2shoez

Re: Gifted a 68 c20- what to do

Thank you for all the replies.

I like the idea of a modern engine trans combo however I’m concerned with a few things. It won’t be simple like I plan. To keep it reasonably priced the motor and trans most likely will be tired and I’ll have to put a lot of work into searching. However the daily driving comforts have me coming back to this option time and time again.

The issue I read about with r700 was one gentleman that fried a trans because it wasn’t hooked up to his fitech properly. He couldn’t figure it out and that’s all I could find on the combination. Also you vehicles look amazing.

The truck started its life pulling planes to the runway at Bakersfield airport in California then my wife’s grandfather used it as a farm truck around 80s. It sat for years till he brought it back to life for my wife to drive on occasion in high school. Now it just sits on the farm doing nothing. Being a California desert truck it has very little rust and the body is clean.

I really like the idea of the nv4500 but was worried it might be too clunky having never shifted one. You both have swayed me in that direction and I’m probably going to start planning for that.

Pics will be up soon as I pick the truck up in two weekends.

Thanks again
-Woody
Posted via Mobile Device
Woody2shoez is offline   Reply With Quote