View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #2541
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
Vic - vacuumed referenced regulators should be set with the vacuum line off. Also, within the tune, the fuel pressure should be set the same all the way across instead of a sloped line. Fix theses 2 things and install a new set of plugs and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how different it runs.
Thanks, Rob. When I first installed the regulator, I wired the pump direct to 12V and checked the pressure. With the vacuum port open, it registered 60psi, so I figured I was good to go. It started and seemed to idle okay. However, the test drive performance was pretty bad. So that's when I adjusted the pressure up to 60 psi at idle with the vacuum line attached. It did run better, but I definitely need to reassess the situation. I don't have a Diablo or HP Tuner to make adjustments, which is probably just as well. I'm waiting to hear from Chip (Low Elco) who's having his GMC DD tuned tomorrow. If all goes well, I may give the shop he's using a try and will mention what you said about the fuel pressure curve. Thanks for the suggestions!
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote