View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 10:10 AM   #1284
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
Cool; wish I had a blaster. Gonna have to haul my running boards to town and leave them there to get the rust blasted off the bottoms. On the other hand, glad I don't have the mess of sand at my house to clean up.

I spent the day re-fitting my passenger side fender. It had a bulge in the mounting surface I hadn't noticed, so wouldn't seat right. I had to remove it, pound the bulge down and reinstall it.

About that time my fender braces arrived UPS. They fit perfectly and were already painted to match.

EXACTLY, but I am not cleaning it up. I did a bunch on the lawn and just left it there, not I am out behind the garage and I'll leave it there too. But I can't tell you enough, I am only blasting the stuff I can't haul for others to blast, like the cab. Or I can't expect others to do the way I want, like the doors. The rest of it, I am bringing to have stripped I am thrilled about paying to have the hard parts powder coated. I have a friend with a powder coating business, he will do some stuff for me, he also gave me the names of a number around here who do large stuff like frames. I am THRILLED beyond belief to have gotten a call back from one yesterday that will do the frame for $500! The other bid I got was $900 and I was willing to do that, but for $500 I am dancing!

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote