View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:21 PM   #17
dapperlighting

Re: LED Headlight Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by theastronaut View Post
Dapper uses the same halogen projector for their halogen, HID, or LED bulbs. They don't use an appropriate projector designed for each bulb type. That wrecks the beam pattern with HID or LED bulbs. Another problem is that they use small, under-performing halogen projectors due to the size constraints of the headlight buckets on older cars. Add bulbs that aren't ideal for the optics of a halogen projector and their light output is less than ideal. Those aren't opinions, they are facts. I never said I had a bad experience with them, they were great to work with and I have no bad feelings towards them. They've even emailed me asking if I knew of a solution to overcome the problem of fitting a better performing light that still fits inside the headlight bucket of most older cars/trucks; they know that's an issue with their V2's.

So when you recommend dapper's LED headlights you're really recommending a set of halogen projectors with LED bulbs.
Hi John,

I know you've been quite vocal about how upset you were with our products on various forums online. I again apologize that you had a bad experience. We quickly refunded your money and did everything we could to make you happy.

The kit that Robert is referring to does not use an H1 projector so I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. The 575s and Sevens have three different types of projectors that we use (Halogen, HID, LED).

Again I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We really do try our best to produce a product that satisfies everyones individual/specific needs. We also greatly welcome feedback as a small company. If you do have constructive criticism and suggestions to make our products better, please do reach out and we'd love to hear your input.

It will always be a balance between performance/fitment/looks. We really do try and give customers a good balance of the three. Our new Sevens and 575s have eliminated the need to cut buckets, making install much easier.

Do we claim these are the brightest lights out there? Nope.
Do we claim these are the best looking lights? Nope.
But you will get the best customer service, a reliable product, and good performing and looking set of lights that suits you and your cars needs.

I think this is something that Robert and many of our customers can attest to.

As mentioned before, our door is always open.

Thanks!
Dapper Lighting
dapperlighting is offline   Reply With Quote