View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 07:47 PM   #19
theastronaut

Re: LED Headlight Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperlighting View Post
Hi John,

I know you've been quite vocal about how upset you were with our products on various forums online. I again apologize that you had a bad experience. We quickly refunded your money and did everything we could to make you happy.

The kit that Robert is referring to does not use an H1 projector so I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. The 575s and Sevens have three different types of projectors that we use (Halogen, HID, LED).

Again I'm sorry you had a bad experience. We really do try our best to produce a product that satisfies everyones individual/specific needs. We also greatly welcome feedback as a small company. If you do have constructive criticism and suggestions to make our products better, please do reach out and we'd love to hear your input.

It will always be a balance between performance/fitment/looks. We really do try and give customers a good balance of the three. Our new Sevens and 575s have eliminated the need to cut buckets, making install much easier.

Do we claim these are the brightest lights out there? Nope.
Do we claim these are the best looking lights? Nope.
But you will get the best customer service, a reliable product, and good performing and looking set of lights that suits you and your cars needs.

I think this is something that Robert and many of our customers can attest to.

As mentioned before, our door is always open.

Thanks!
Dapper Lighting

Yes, I was rather dissapointed in the performance of the V2's I tried. The beam pattern was very narrow and the distance visibility on high beam wasn't as good as the 30-40 year old Cibie H4's they replaced. I expected them to be an upgrade over a 40+ year old halogen design, but I recieved lights with a halogen projector with HID bulbs adapted to fit. Had I known they weren't proper HID projectors I wouldn't have ordered them to begin with. I have shared my experience with them when they come up on forums, and usually recommend Cibie's instead since they offer better performance and fit most people's budget. The goal is being able to see the best, so I recommend what I know works best. If the V2's had performed well I'd be their biggest fan and would be recommending them instead of Cibie or JW Speaker/Trucklite. Customer service was good, y'all even took care of return shipping of the defective headlights; not something all companies would do. I have criticized the performance of the V2's; I really do feel like they should have performed better than they did. I never intended to come across that I was against Dapper as a company or that I had any issues with your customer service, and I appologize if it ever came across that way. I'm probably overly passionate about headlight performance since I do a ton of driving at night and have spent a lot of time, effort, and money to improve the lighting of my cars. I've had over 30 round/rectangle headlights , plus various fog and driving lights in my cars over the past 8-10 years to see what works and what I like best for my own cars and cars we build for other people.

I was wrong about the 575's, I posted what I did based on the V2's I had that used HID bulbs in a H1 projector, and your website showing the same LED, HID, and halogen bulb options on the 575's page that are shown on the V2's page. The website doesn't state that they use separate styles of projectors on the 575's for each bulb type; it just shows the same bulb options for the 575's and V2's. I (wrongly) assumed that they used the same projector for different bulb types like the V2's I had. That's great that each bulb type has a proper projector for it now, and I'm glad to see that you're adding to and improving your product line.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote