View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: K20 Swap questions

1. Not sure, but pretty sure its the same as the 2wd trucks at least in terms of the physical motor mounts and mounting location.

2. Yes. Worth saying that lots of guys like the full-replacement mounts like dirtydingo because they offer some adjustability as well. The regular swap plates are totally functional tho. If you need a crazy engine position, an option would be to make (or have made) a set of adapter plates with the LS holes moved forward.

3. I kinda answered in 2. You shouldn't need to put the motor crazy far forward, there have been plenty of 4x4 swaps so its worth checking their build threads for suggestions.

4. With the radiator and an electric fan, you have a good amount of space, probably up to 2-3" before you'd really be cramped for the fitment of the front accessories and intake. Some of the guys running the larger radiators or those running a mechanical fan have closer to 3/4-1" of extra space.

5. The engine sits pretty low in the bay, so the hood should fit fine.

6. At least in the 2wd trucks, the stock pan hangs anywhere from .25-1.00 past the stock crossmember. I believe it should be the same on the 4x4 but I'd wait for someone else to verify. The mount choice will affect the engine height a little.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote