View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #182
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

[CENTER]Hunter's 1978 GMC Build

So, one of the things we were really wanting to do is get the doors together. Mom's basement has been looking scary for near two years and we are getting down to the nitty gritty of my truck. It's been cleaning up fast all year, but those doors and their inside bits are more than half of what's left at this point. We had a LOOOOT of fun with these things. We struggled to get the door lined up but that wasn't even the hard part. It was those dang chinese door handles. They bound up the latch entirely to the point where nothing would get the door open. I ended up swapping all of the hardware off of my original handle on the driverside. The passenger side the spring broke, and we found out that the plastic button is what causes the latch to bind. There's too much material on it and it just gets stuck. I can't explain it, I don't even understand it. It shouldn't have been a problem but when I tell you we spent WEEKS scratching our heads, I'm not lying!!!

Unfortunately, pulling the door locks out with these bound up latches destroyed some of the paint, so it will have to come apart again sometime and be resprayed.

HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote