View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #20
Root2812

Re: 2016 Sierra Rebuild

Nearly 2000 miles on the truck and only one real problem. One rim was really bent so I am running the spare for now. I need to find new rims soon. I still have a light vibration in the rear so I'm wondering if the axle got bent when that drivers rear wheel hit the pole. After I get all 4 new rims, if the shake is still there I will take it to a driveline shop.

On the upside I don't have to worry about $1000-1200 for besides anymore. I knew i needed those and a fuel door ($40) and both flares ($90 each). Then I nabbed this bed off craigslist for $350. It got rear ended but the tiny damage to the bedsides is fixable. I am going to cut the bed sides off and put them on my truck. The bed came with tail light to sell to so I figure after I sell those and then account for the fuel door and flares I really only have about $50 in these bedsides. It was a real steal.

I know some of you are thinking "why not just swap the bed and fix the sides since I have to fix the damage on the sides anyway". Well this bed has some bent mounts and a little rust in the cross rails. I'd rather just put the sides on my rust free box and treat the back sides of them to prevent future rust.
Attached Images