View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #27
dmjlambert

Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgold70c10 View Post
My '78 was converted to R134A by the previous owner in 2007. It still has the original condenser, evaporator, and new compressor and receiver. On the highway I have to turn the fan down because it will get so cold on high. In city driving, it is not as cold, but I never need to roll the windows down or break into a sweat.
I think the only difference between this setup and the 67-72 is the metering device method and there is no low-side thermostat cycling switch.
For Houston I suppose this pretty much confirms what I suspected, I can't be using the original condenser use R134a and be cold in city traffic. It is hotter than hell here, and we have extreme humidity. I know A/C with R134a can be cold here, because my wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor has R134a and it is always extremely cold. I call it biting cold. It doesn't matter if it's 105 degrees out, the air coming out of the vents is way too cold and I have to roll a window down to let some hot air in, or put on a jacket. With that Endeavor system it does not mix warm and cold air or otherwise allow me to adjust the temperature of the air coming out of the vents, and that is an annoyance. But I know I won't have that problem on my Chevy because on the Chevy I do have the ability to mix air. So this is what I'm looking for. I want my truck to have Cold A/C all the time in any traffic and on any day. Unforgiving biting cold if the temp mix is all the way to the left.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote