View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #15
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I will be honest I thought you were a minitrucker haha. arizona, 2002, that was the hotbed. I had a few mazda minitrucks, just a few. maybe 12. hahaha
Lol! I never got in to the whole mini truck scene. Somewhere on a hard drive, I have pictures of the truck before and after the collision, but I'll be damned if i can find them. I've got to give credit to that little truck. There had been several times I had used it to go to the steel supply yard down the road from us to get materials for the barn I was building. It was not uncommon to have my 16' flatbed on the back, loaded with 20' sticks of 3" C purlin or 2" square tube. The steel yard is about 2.5 miles from the house and mostly farm roads, so I never got up to highway speeds. Even still that little truck had no problem moving the load, at least up through 4th gear. I never hit 5th though and stopping was another story. Lol.

I really screwed the pooch Monday. I set about to thinning out the in-cab wire harness, removing all of the terminal connectors that would not be used, such as the SRS system, climate control wiring, and sound system. In my zeal, I took the short cut and neglected to test start after removing each piece. Now I am paying the price. No start when I turn the key again.

I knew better, but I still did it. Kicking myself now...

-Joe