View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:46 AM   #17
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
yeah man, those mazdas were insanely reliable, for 86 hp haha. I found a magnum head online about 15 years ago, and put CBR 600F4i throttle bodies on it with a custom built EFI and EDIS controller. sounded like an angry angry hamster.

had a lot, still look at them on craigslist if I am honest.

sorry about your (cut) wiring trouble. look up the story about "muntzing"
My wife was so impressed with the little B2200 that when an opportunity came to get a B2600 4wd cheap, she jumped at the chance. I found one on C/L bout 10 years back that had a bad transfer case. Other than that, the truck was solid and pretty straight. I still had the B2200 wreck at the time and figured if worse came to worse, I could salvage needed parts to fix up the B2600. They were even the same color.

I snagged the C/L truck for a few hundred bucks, then found a guy in North Texas with a wealth of spare parts, including the transmission/transfer case assembly. He had gotten out of the Mazda game and I bought all the spare parts he had for $300. Once the transfer case was swapped, I took the bench seat and tailgate from the B2200 and installed them on the B2600. The wife used this truck as her daily driver to college in OKC. The bigger 2.6l engine wasn't as thrifty as the B2200, but it had EFI and was a solid runner. I ended up selling it a few years back and used the money to by my daughter an XJ Cherokee for a school vehicle her senior year. She ended up driving it to college as well.

The B2600 was a great little truck, but it just wasn't practical for my daughter to use. She was the school mascot and there was no room in the cab to keep her gear and the bed wasn't a secure place. The Jeep fit her needs better.

It sounds like you had a pretty insane build on your Mazda back in the day. I imagine once you had it dialed in, it was a hoot to drive.

I found the pictures of the B2600 while looking for the others.

-Joe
Attached Images

Last edited by Purcell69; 08-09-2018 at 10:44 AM.
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote