Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #67
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Thanks to Randy500 I can get the steering back together now. I needed a center link and he got one shipped to me reasonable.

I got the rear end dropped out of it yesterday so I could finish cleaning up the frame. Got one of my parts trucks pulled in and found a good DS trailing arm so got that pulled off, cleaned & painted. Got the panhard bar cleaned and painted. Got the spring cups removed and found the top ones were rotted so found a good set out in the parts truck.

The glass was getting bad in my blasting cabinet so I cut a new pc of clear plex and replaced it. Also found some of the stick on clear covers at Tractor supply Got about 4 pcs blasted and noticed my pressure dropping. Went over to the air controls and noticed the breaker was tripped. Went out to the compressor figuring the belt popped off again and jammed it enough to kick the breaker like last time. Nope, all looked good so I went back and reset the breaker. It kicked back off almost immediately. went over and unhooked power from motor and now breaker does not trip. Bad motor I guess. They just don't make things to last anymore. The compressor is fairly new, I purchased it from Snap On back in 86' New motor is about $350 so rather than spend my panel money on that I will drag the back up out of storage body and piggy back it in with the bad one until I can get the motor fixed. Will probably leave them both hooked up so it will give me 160 gallon capacity and two pumps when needed. I will set the pressure switches at different amounts so the one only comes on under heavy use.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is online now   Reply With Quote