View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:16 PM   #231
ncpetersc

Re: Help a NOOB - A continuing saga

Okay, I certainly messed this up, we'll just see how bad. I can see from my picture (best one is from post 218). That I installed the wrong end of the rear shaft to the yoke in the middle. Gonna fix that now.

I would like to ask opinions on the front shaft. Mine currently appears to have both yokes aligned with each other. I think that looks true in the picture, but would like opinions. I thought I got that part marked and didn't lose it.

Thing is the manuals says to rotate the one on the spline 4 teeth vs the starting point (aligned). It is a ten tooth spline so that would be *nearly* 180 degress.

I guess it's possible someone long ago put it together this way (without the 4 tooth offset) and had it rebalanced? Or it was put together wrong some time back and is unbalanced?

I will try to put it back in and drive, but I think if I feel anything I might be trying to find someplace to balance it in the future.

I was even thinking about not fixing the rear shaft, but I am going to anyway. Was just thinking that the weight is the same distance from center wether its front or back of shaft.

Off to turn the back around now, but will check back to see what you all think from the pic if you can. I see front shaft having yokes in line, which is the way I put it back together as well.

THANKS
ncpetersc is offline   Reply With Quote