View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #8
LEEVON

Re: What urks you when selling these trucks

Any text or email or posting reply "what's your bottom dollar?" is an automatic out for me. Don't care if they do have the cash, it's ignorant. And have some idea of what you're looking at. New to these trucks? Great, let's talk! Ignorant, assuming or unrealistic expectations? Please go away!

I've gotten to the point where it's not as much about the money as it is the person I'm dealing with. If someone is friendly, polite and fair at negotiating we're good. If they're selfish, hard to talk with or a one-sided negotiator I don't care what the offer is I'm out. I had a nice truck for sale last year and somebody who knows these trucks very well came down from several hours away, acted condescending, nit-picked and low-balled all while admitting it was the nicest original bed he'd ever seen. I let him go home with an empty trailer over $200 and he was unhappy and let me know it. The next dude bought it for the same offer and I enjoyed selling it to him. Funny thing the truck was posted in a group a few weeks later and the buyer let everyone know what a great deal he felt it was. Unsuccessful buyer chimed in and said he would have bought it but the seller (me) wouldn't deal. Well dude it was the same price!

Last edited by LEEVON; 08-14-2018 at 02:36 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote