View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #2175
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

After an extensive search lasting over a year, I finally broke down and purchased an original Paladin holster Chess Knight emblem for my dashboard. Back in the late 1980's, I purchased the reproduction holster shown from the original maker (Arvo Ojala) in Hollywood. It fit and looked perfect! I grew up on Have Gun Will Travel, and always wanted a holster of this type. The gun shown in the photo was a new Ruger Vacquero revolver. It was a large firearm and was a tight fit, but they looked great together.

Many years later I handed over the whole setup to my oldest son, who has it proudly hanging in his living room.

So a long time ago I decided I really needed that Knight emblem to finish off my dash, and looked everywhere to find an accurate copy. I even found that Arvo's daughter was reproducing replica holsters about 6-8 years ago, but it appears she has moved on to other pursuits more recently.

The one I purchased is nearly exact to my original, and is made of solid polished sterling silver and has the same genuine ruby eye mounted. It is now attached to the center of the dash with two screws, and will remain permanently. Even my wife loves it, and knowing how much it meant to me, she enjoys it as much as I do. I'm also thinking of replacing the red steering wheel with the black version. We'll see.
Attached Images