View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #337
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
it was fun to goof around with, they all were. I had a couple 2600i trucks in there, they were common to crack the head or the caps in the computer. the 4x4 sheetmetal was worth gold in the 90s!

I looked for some pictures of my EFI experiment truck but didnt find them right off, I did find another of my trucks that was on the minitruckin magazine subscription card

That's cool that you've got a piece of automotive history!

You're right about the 2600i heads. I cracked ours while fording a snowdrift after getting our tractor stuck. Fortunately, I realized what had happened and didn't do additional damage. In the end, I bought a rebuilt head and got things fixed right up again. It ran like a top with the new head.

In other news, I've sorted the no-start issue I created. I had low amperage 12v going to the Starter Relay in the Power Distribution Center, but I had inadvertently eliminated the high amperage feed that goes across the relay to the starter solenoid. Until I get that issue completely resolved, I have a momentary switch installed to engage the starter solenoid. It still requires the ignition key and lock to make the truck run and drive.

I have before and after (so far) pictures of the technicolor spaghetti that I have been working on thinning out. I still have more circuits to delete, but I will be more cautious as I continue.

I also scored a set of 2000 Chevrolet Silverado seats with power bases to use instead of the Grand Cherokee seats that I wanted to use. From a practical standpoint, using the Grand Cherokee seats isn't the best answer. Mounting a shoulder belt would be a pain in the ass to do properly. I really like the comfort of the Grand Cherokee seats though. They are in excellent condition and were from the 1993 five speed ZJ we owned since new. When I sold the Jeep, I kept those seats.

The Silverado seats have the shoulder belt incorporated into the seat. The top of the shoulder isn't adjustable for height, but the position isn't horrible or uncomfortable. Both seats could stand some love, as the covers have some minor cigarette burns (I'm a non-smoker) and the edge of the driver's cushion is worn. Also, I will need to replace the driver's seatbelt, since it is worn and fraying. Still, for $40, I'm not complaining. Compared to the XJ seats that I had mounted in the cab of the truck, these things are like a pair of Lazy Boys.

-Joe
Attached Images