View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 06:23 PM   #342
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Well, I have the seats temporarily bolted in place now. I haven't made anchor plates yet, but at least I can get a feel for how things will be. These seats are huge and take up a lot of real estate due to the masts for the shoulder belts. The mast is all the way against the rear wall of the cab with the seatback straight up and down. With this position, leg room for me isn't bad, but it isn't comfortable being folded at a right-angle.

In order to lay the seat back a few degrees for comfort, the seat has to move forward a few inches, giving up leg room. Fortunately, I'm only 5'11. The Jeep seats had a lot more room behind them before the were against the rear wall, which is leg room on the front side.

The power bases help, but it is a trade off to have the shoulder belts built in. The other option is to cut in to the rear wall and install anchor points for the shoulder, which I really don't want to do. I'm going to get these seats rebuilt and try them out for a while. If I find I hate them, I'll get power bases for my Grand Cherokee seats and put anchors in the rear cab wall.

-Joe