View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #128
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

yeah he is a great guy, asks for and actually listens to advice. we check in on him if it gets to be a while since we heard from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Bet your neighbor was sending good thoughts...

haha originally it was just going to be johnny using my metabo grinder, which is pretty quiet. but when he brought his roommate I had to dig out the old cardboard frieght chicago electric angle grinder, and those have a 145db 1200hz squeal/buzz/rattle, think of a garbage disposal choking on a concrete hornets nest.

I am pooped. I put the front end back together for mock up and decided the old passenger side fender would be just fine for that activity. still took a while, I am missing the top bar of the rad support so I whipped up a couple braces to keep everything together. the fender went right on after some massaging of the core support. I didnt want to but I pulled the rad, just to keep from breaking it with all the jostling.

IMG_0909 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0910 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0911 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

popped it on and need to trim both the frame horns and the inner fenders a little more.

IMG_0912 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0913 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

its already pretty low. I like it a lot, and its going to come down a little more. once I get the mounts made and the rad/condenser installed I will order the wheels.

more to come!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote