View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 04:19 AM   #3334
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Well.....

Two days of Bootfairs over a long weekend, meant threee bites of or at the cherry.

Rain threatened play for Sunday, but I managed to go to two Bootfairs, and Monday saw another one happen on a different field as they have to move around.

Sunday first blood was a simple 50p useless ornamental tin cup.

Then the writing on the wall (plate)

Love these designs, have one of Noah’s Ark as well.

Then my biggest spend, and nicest purchase of the year, real vintage car roof rack, wooden slats and clamps intact, no rubber feet as they were rotten according to seller. Much more than Imwould ever want to spend but it needed to be rescued.
Plan is to either sell it on for the right money, or mount on my wall in the lounge and to hang random Road trip items from it.
Kind of 3D picture.

The rest of the Bootfairs were pale in comparisson to this find, but I got some CD’s for 50p
Two baby books for the guest bathroom for 50p each, look closely, they go with the Zombie and Wife editions recently purchased.

Also two “Mecanno” models, one for me and car for @CraigRK

Then the second Bootfair for Sunday delivered some fun and some stuff for a friend who is heavily into Steampunk, as well as a new scarf for Joy that still had price tag attached, which was significantly more than the £1.00 that I paid for it.
The black boobs out corset was £2.00 and the black steel ribbed one was £3.00 so friend Dawn was pleased as anything as she says they cost a lot more than that in the shops or at shows.
Lastly a pair of Troll hair bands....... FREE because the lady selling a whole tray of new ones of them saw me laughing and just enjoying seeing them, they will go to Dennis’ grand daughter.

Back in a bit with Monday’s finds, for those still around and actually looking at this madness.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote