Thread: My 1st 68 panel
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #82
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: My 1st 68 panel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
It's hard to believe the (hard to get replacement panels for) step up behind the seats looks to be in good shape. Maybe the lack of rear windows kept it dry or it was always parked on a slope with the back higher. Those buddies look good in there. Will they slide forward enough to get in the back from the front doors? If I remember correctly the backs are fixed. Good to see you're making progress.
It is weird with this thing, all the outer lower panels all the way around were totally rotted with gobs of filler yet underneath the truck other than surface rust there is no rot in any of the cross sills and supports short of one front cab mount. I was going to use the aftermarket floor panels that I have sitting around here but the fit is so poor I am going to cut up this decent original for exact patches. It has a few holes in it but everywhere I need for this job is in good shape. Should save some time.

As far a the seat, I have not done anything with it other than putting it in for a picture and was trying to figure out what shifter handle I will need to order from Hurst to get rid of the Herman Munster deal. Since it is just me and the wife now, I had no really given much thought to rear access other than thru the rear doors. After looking closer at the existing handle I may try my luck at cutting it down and re-threading it for a new handle that I got from Harlow a while back. All the new handles I have found so far have been $100 plus so I figure I got nothing to lose by trying to modify this one.
Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote