View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #1273
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

just made the deal yesterday with countr up in Iowa for this 71 C20 ochre longhorn farm truck!

great guy, had a nice talk about the truck and he made me a really good deal..

mom is excited about it, we need another pickup for chores..

was looking into buying her a newer truck but since she has a new jeep, rather run something without electronics or smog crap and simple to maintain..

and something I can fix up and enjoy in retirement

hopefully next trip we'll have some pictures of it working on the farm

this was one of my chores last trip, figuring out why fuel was spouting out of primary vent..

trying to haul water without setting engine on fire.. told mom it was red tagged until I figured it out

doggone 86 F250 is a MESS underhood, takes 10 minutes to remove the air cleaner

fuel pressure - no, float/float level - no, turned out to be needle/seat o-ring.. kit from local o'reilly's had a different cartridge but seal was right..

460 has a lot of potential, but completely neutered in 86.. long range project will be to free up some ponies in that rig some day

well, got it running good, well as good as a f o r d gets actually shouldn't criticize, it hauls 3500lbs of water around like it isn't loaded

dad bought it brand new from claycomo plant in KC, so it stays no matter what, part of the family..

425 gallons to the neck, couldn't seem to shake that supervisor no matter where I went