View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #5
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Help! What has happened here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
please edit the 1st post with paragraphs to read it easy .

made it hard to read but i think i got it .

1st who built the engine ? warranty ? deal with them 1st if so .

2nd the oil is more than likely from that cylinder not getting any fuel and burning and the oil was being sucked up past the rings if i had to guess . kind of like fuel getting past the rings with a non firing cylinder does .

and that intake valve wear pattern could be looking funny from not moving right or not getting washed clean from air/fuel mix if i had to make a pic based guess .

the cam / lifters should be checked for damage . and the head needs a stud in it if not cut / machined for screw in to fix that if it wont repair correctly .

i have seen some heads get worn in the push rod hole / guide area and cause slop in the area and bend or kick a push rod out . years ago my dads old truck bent a pushrod and we put in a new one . 5 miles later bent again . found guide hole was egged out . fixed it with a chunk of new brake / fuel hard line as a oversize sleeve . lasted another year or so till the engine was replaced from tossing a rod from no oil .

hope my info helps you get a idea on what happened . good luck .
Good information thanks. The wear pattern on the valve tip and a possibly of a push rod hole being out of shape seem to go hand in hand. I hadn't thought about oil being pulled past the rings with the intake being closed. The bottom of the lifter looks good and I glanced at the cam through the bore and saw nothing bad.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote