View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:00 PM   #17
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Help! What has happened here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
not to sound like a A$$ but for 1800.00 shipped to your door it gets you a ready to drop in long block 290hp vortec roller cam 350 brand new from gm . https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-OEM-NEW-...4AAOSwysRas9qX

rebuilt engines at local machine shops have been hit and mostly miss these days anymore .

i got the vortec 350 for my current build . spent 250 on a nice edelbrock intake could have went super cheepy if i wanted to save 50ish bucks . then a 30ish buck new flexplate and dist gear to work with the roller cam and she is ready to run .

good luck on the local guy and hope he stands behind his work .
The whole needing to buy $500 dollars worth of extras to install a Vortex made it not worth doing. I discussed getting one from them but it was going to be $2700 by the time I was done.
The interweb is full of crate motor horror stories and the best way to avoid them is to buy local. E-Pay and wallmart do not get my money. I try to support local businesses and I know these guys have been around for years. I have never done business with them before now but, I have seen them at numerous swap meets over the years. (Archie Somers is my go to guy for engine machine work, but his wait list is months and I wanted to get the Burban back on the road after the old 305 lost a main bearing.)
If it blows up in my face so be it, but after talking to them today I don't believe that is going to be the outcome. Either way I will post it.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote