View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #3348
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Just pulled this post from Retro Rides to keep you all updated.

Thanks to our Majestifi.com sponsor.

[quote author="@craigrk" source="/post/2443500/thread" timestamp="1535823577"]

[quote author="@hotrodder" source="/post/2443457/thread" timestamp="1535808783"]...live updates "from the road less traveled" by Grizz and Craig. What about him,totally blown away i guess since being so quiet?[/quote][br]

I’m still here. A bit of an observer, so less likely to give big updates! Enjoying watching from the back seat on I55...

[br][/quote][br]

Oh dear, looks like I distracted the driver......

We had just stopped at the “Welcome to Arkansas” roadside rest area 10 minutes ago.

Back on the road Dennis was calling his buddy from New Orleans who is out in the mountains near Nevada.
Completely distracted we were all having a 4 way conversation and the speed crept up.

Next thing Dennis just said “OHHH CR@P I JUST GOT A TICKET” When a Police car in the oncoming lanes of the I-55 turned and followed us. Sensibly he pulled over instantly and waited.
When the State Trooper got to the passenger window and leaned in (thick muscular arms in evidence and hat squarely on his head) he asked Dennis if he knew what speed he was going. Dennis in typical honest style said “Too Fast?” To which the trooper replied “Yes Sir, 87mph”

Then the whole license etc dance followed and Dennis told the Trooper he was taking his English buddies on a road trip to see some of the country. Grizz and I joined in in the conversation, Grizz typically pulled out his phone to show the trooper some photos to support the story.

The Trooper then asked Dennis to sit still while he went to check his details in the patrol car to see if he was wanted.
Bloody Grizz already was planning his next move and when the trooper came back asked if he would hold Dennis up against the car for an arrest photo. The balls of the man.
Trooper declined the photo opportunity and told Dennis to slow down and travel safe.
At this point Grizz piped up again to ask if he could at least take a pic of the patrol car behind our rental.
Trooper agreed and Grizz got out, thanking him for letting us off and then shaking Grizz’S hand. What a LEGEND GRIZZ !!

After the photo opportunity we got back on the road, Speedocruise control set at a sensible pace.

We now have 5 more states to go.

Let’s see if we can get Dennis Tazered before we get home.

Grizz’S bloody cheeky photo of us pulled over on I-55

So.........

What will happen next on the live updates sponsored by Majesti-fi
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote