Thread: Stockmen?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2002, 01:55 PM   #12
Shane
Account Suspended

I have to agree with GREEN70-72. Don't get me wrong, I can definately appreciate the work, time and money that goes into an all stock, all original vehicle. Heck, i can also appreciate the fact that a car/truck is much harder to put back all original because of the fact that there are fewer and fewer NOS parts out there. I am 35, but still like 'em chopped, dropped, and driven.

I don't think these trucks will never attain the price status of '55-'57 Belairs, much to the disagreement of the magazine article that was posted here....but thats just my opinion. There were far more of these trucks made than there ever were the Tri-Five's, and besides....you still see more hot rodded/customized '55-'57's at the local car shows and look what kind of money those cars bring in all original shape. I do agree that someone shouldn't take a high-optioned, all original truck and go to cutting, welding and smoothing on it....there are far too many low optioned, run-of-the-mill trucks still out there for that type of thing. But if someone, like myself, has a truck that was just a 'regular ol' truck"...why not change it up a little.

Just my .02 cents worth......for whatever its worth.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote