Thread: Jans 53
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 06:19 PM   #143
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Jans 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
... My biggest hold up is deciding which paint and color. It will be a driver, so It will be budget job that I can drive anywhere and not worry about someone dinging or scratching...

Jan,
So I know you didn’t exactly ask for suggestions on paint color - but I won’t let that old me back, ha ha.

I’ve saved this truck photo for a long time because I realy liked it. When my truck was in “shop truck mode” I didn’t want to paint it standard gray, black or red primer so I ended up using Duplicolor from a rattlecan. I liked the color but it didn’t hold up for schit.

Anyway, I sanded the whole thing down and rattled canned it Rustoleum 2X in Satin Sage green. Unbelievably, I had it in that for a couple years and it held up incredibly well. If something started looking a little sad, I touched it up extremely easily. People seemed to like it. Anyway, here’s pics of the AD truck and of mine:
Attached Images

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote