View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #3418
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Sunday morning early, coffee drunk, beds made etc, we were out early.

By now we had also decided that despite Adam desperately wanting us to take his Hellcat that was hardly being used, like his 2400 mile Harley, to get a few thousand miles onto it for him, and as we had access to any vehicle on site, except for Dennis’ daily Lumina, we would use Adams “Small Silverado” rather than the Dualies on site, or any of the other cars.

Off to spend some cash.

Carpark, well, part of it.

$20.00 Radio Flyer, tempting, very tempting.

First blood.

Craig’s $5.00 novelty cigarette lighter.

Another knife for my collection, $7.00

All sorts of stuff.

Dennis bought a few items, including some vintage display stands for his gas station.

Lights, not overpriced.

After three hours, we headed to White Castle for breakfast.

Check out just one page of the menu, also check out the numbers in the deals.

Known by many as Belly Bombers.

After brekkie, we headed to Lowes for guttering for the gas station.

Craig loves Hallowe’en

I don’t.

New Toyota Camry outside, I liked that.

Then home again as Debbie’s mum had arranged for a catered “Southern” lunch which included a mountain of food and too much beer for Sunday lunch for all comers to celebrate Dennis and Debbie’s birthdays

While at Andy’s place I had managed to destroy my one flip flop when it stopped in the mud, while I carried on walking....

So Craig and I grabbed the 1987 GMC Caballero and headed back to town to some shoe shops and Walmart to find me some new safety shoes, and trainers in the end.

What an awesome, smooth ride this is.

Craig was instantly smitten.

https://youtu.be/fySkqqMiG_c

Eventually we made it back home, with time having completely gotten away from us.

We got a bollocking. And apologised for not singing to Dennis and Deb for their birthdays, then had all the food to choose from, before going out to Adam and Hanna’s Shop/house that is in process.

Donnie who is recovering from a nasty cancer at the moment, Adams neighbour had come around as well as a load of other friends.

Golf karts make these properties much smaller.

Riding with Dennis to fetch more beers........ yard art Chevy truck next to his pond.

We were in the Shop/House talking, drinking beers, Rum for me, maybe 10-12 of us, when Warren asked me if we had ever shot a gun, being from England.

It took a while to explain that I was ex military a long time ago, Craig and his wife’s parents both owned farms and that being from South Africa, we had both shot guns before and liked to shoot guns.

Now, you should never mix guns and beer,.......

Always get someone to hold your beer first, you don’t want to spill it.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote