View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #363
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

With the D-rings installed, I worked on cleaning up the cross sills, stripping off the rust, paint and dirt from 60+ years of service. It took about an hour a piece to get them cleaned and ready for primer. Once the primer cured, I coated them with POR-15 to protect them against further rust issues. I used the bottom side of the new bed floor as a work table while I cleaned the cross sills. It is a pickup truck after all.

While I was waiting for the POR-15 to cure yesterday, I took some time to install a bit of plumbing for my air compressor. Until my shop is built, I'm working with a small roll-around compressor instead of my upright, since I don't have 220v in the car port. This is all well and good, but the smaller compressor is a bit more prone to condensation in the hoses and putting a filter/trap in-line means adding it in between hoses and finding a place to literally hang the filter near my work space.

The plumbing isn't completely done yet, but it is serviceable for now.

-Joe
Attached Images