View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:10 AM   #3425
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

All of the Stuff Steve has is his shop is good collector quality.

Craig bought an absolutely gorgeous vintage charm bracelet for his wife from Steve too and as I said to him, if I had someone who needed or deserved it and would use and enjoy it, I certainly would have been more envious.

Prices seemed high to me because I do not collect but I suspect collectors will know

Ultimately, the question “When last did you see one of them for sale?” Possibly rules

As we drive off to rejoin the motorway up to Ray and Eves we saw why Pepsi stuff costs so much more.

Just not as common as this.

Hopefully Craig will come in and post a photo of his favourite bargain purchase and photo plus description of it.

I may just add that he is a keen Coca Cola collector too.

Back to Steves shop of antiques

He has a very good Sinclair sign, post and light.

Back to Dennis’ Birthday presents that we were lucky enough to find hundreds of miles away from St Louis in Beacon, Iowa after a discussion with an Iowa State Trooper on a Cassies gas and service station forecourt where he had bought his chewing tobacco......

The Glider in question under the tree after clearing the other stuff stacked on top of it, off.

Craig for size perspective when I needed to see if this was what Dennis wanted.

Loading the bounty.

Steve and his sone helped us learn ad and supplied a lot of cardboard to help protect the Silverado and pieces.

Note the brown Shell backed chair behind the Glider back and the white rocker backrest.
A couple of rubber bungee straps and a single lightweight ratchet strap held everything in place.
Capably tied by boyscout Craig.

I love this photo.

Its the one I took for Dennis after we had loaded “his Glider purchase” not showing the other chairs he was looking for as a surprise.

After all of this we hit the road in a hurry as we were “running late”

Letting Ray know our exact ETA according to Wayz that has been an awesome tool the whole trip.

Our arrival was greeted by a big smile, bear hugs and these one inch prime pork chops that he had put on the grill as we turned up his street.

Speak of military precission.

Dinner, beers and two large, lovely dogs next.

Ohhh and Eve, Rays lovely bride.

PS. Sorry for the load of spelling ang grammar errors in the previous entry.
iPad on an early train and not proof reading.

Later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote