Thread: Like A Rock !
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
54blackhornet

Like A Rock !

I don’t often brag about my vehicles and I do have a few interesting ones, but I just have to tell you all about this 71 C20. I bought it in a lot of over a dozen vehicles at a farm sale after the owner died. I really wasn’t interested in it because I only wanted the 54 Hudson Hornet and the 65 Mustangs in the bunch. Family said if you want one you get them all or nothing. After days of dragging the good stuff home I finally got around to examining the C20. It’s got rust in the rockers but otherwise rust free. 307,4spd, power disc brakes but no steering. Who was the dope who passed on power steering ? Thankfully it has no spin out back. After cleaning it out I discovered it was bought new by the Burlington Northern Railroad. I later found out it was ordered as a rail yard vehicle for a place in Washington state close to Seattle. Long story short it’s a keeper. I only use it to move firewood. It works for about three months a year and is parked the remainder. Always starts on first try. Only work I’ve done on it since I got her has been a major tune up. Every time I start it I get a big smile on my face....thanks for listening fellas.
Attached Images