View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #1961
DransportGarage

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Without seeing it, it's hard to say but a little thingie here and here in base coat isn't a big deal as long as it's not a different color than the base. If it's not standing out like a little black thingie on white paint kinda thing, if you don't see that, clearing it will make it all but disappear. You then cut and buff the clear and it's gone.

That is "in the real world", wanting perfection for a show job, that's different.

Brian
Show truck? we'll see... You can't see much in this view, but there are a few weirdities if you look closely. Front corner of door is rounded, door jambs smoothed, one-piece side glass, trick wire loom holes (idea stolen from Ogre), lip for carpet to tuck under, No outside door handles (or inside ones), smoothed the dash, funny holes in the top of the dash to handle the center channel of the 11-speaker stereo... CHMSL, power antenna hole, drip rails shaved, custom A/C outlets, box in headliner for head unit and equalizer, de-chromed custom console brackets...

Oh yeah, what did I do today: I'm shooting clear right now. Coat 3 coming up...

Oops. Forgot the picture. Here it is.

Also, I did de-nib the base coat. Scuff and spot. It was easy and worked perfectly. I'll always do this from now on.
Attached Images

Bob's Retirement Build - My 55 TF
Bob's 700R4 Build (how-to)

Last edited by DransportGarage; 09-29-2018 at 09:24 PM.
DransportGarage is offline   Reply With Quote