View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 10:07 PM   #128
theastronaut

Re: '88 F*rd Festiva Autocross/Track/Daily Driver Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gmcc10 View Post
Seriously excellent work being done here! Good knowledge, fun videos, outside of the norm; this is my favorite build on the forum. please keep it up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Never in a million a years did I think there would be so much to do with a Festiva. Lol. Cool work.
Oh yeah, there are Festiva meets all around the US throughout the year and there are new products being developed all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
That some serious suspension you got going on there...
It's all pretty simple and cheap really, I have maybe $700 in all of it. The suspension design and lightweight body doesn't need much help to make it handle really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
I have to agree, that's pretty freakin' cool!
Thanks Jesse, come out to the Clemson autocross sometime and I'll let you ride in it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
Just read the entire thread. Almost picked up a Festy about ten years ago. Neighbours had a MINT black one that was loaded. Auto, so I did all the homework on a manual swap. Figured since I did a T56 in my Impala SS, converting the Festiva would be easy. Car sold before I could even stop to see it.

Looking forward to updates!
Thanks for checking in Jay, too bad the neighbor's car was gone before you had a chance to buy it. Manual swaps aren't too difficult and make the car much more fun... the three speed auto is a pretty lame transmission.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote