View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #1405
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tigger View Post
Thought of special K today- his construction company is (or was) called Clearwater construction. I see he’s going into the lumber business now too.
I got board with the labor and went with the lumber baron thing instead. Yep, that's the Clearwater I had in mind when using that name. I'm still under that name but mostly DBA "Yes, in my name will be fine, thank you". We have downsized and are now focusing on a new micro-contractor business model. No facade, it's just me and one of my sons when I need more than two hands, two feet, and one eye.

Tow hooks. I was an original tow hook fool. Had a running listing in Pickups & Panels In Print for K/20 hubcaps and tow hooks back into the '80s. But I'm not greedy or stupid, so that puts me out of the race. I would only pay stupid money for hooks if a truck was missing them, has them on the SPID, and was restoring to pure original. Same with any part that is over priced. Where I'm coming from is where those are the only reasons to pay stupid money. I bought my first K/20 for $2k. I guess it would be worth $3k now since it was a numbers matching tow hook truck. How about a pair of doors for $1,200? Don't worry, those guys are only here for the parts board. Never waste time on this social BS.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote