View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #4
NC_John

Re: Modified oil baffle on aftermarket valve covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbed72 View Post
Yeah, I almost didn't by them cause of the oil fill issue. Then I came up with a solution by adding an oil fill to the valley cover. Holley has valley covers with oil fills but I had already bought a cover so I just modified it. Driving it over the summer I haven't had an issue with coils getting hot and I took it on a 3 hr freeway trip and a 2 hr slow cruise. But I did have the same concern and considered drilling holes in the back side to help vent. Also left out the rubber gasket so the SBC covers are sitting on the valve covers and act as a heat sink.

D585 truck coils fit just barely underneath. I saw another style that may work better but I don't remember the part number. D581's do not work.

I mean their oil fill provision hole is like 3/8" I can't imagine how long it will take to get 6 qts through a 3/8" hole!

I am running a catch can as well and just could not make things work with all the additional plumbing. I tried though- I had a set of old G chevy scripted valve covers I finished in satin black that looked awesome on there. Even with the FAST intake.

Nice engine.

Instagram (current build pictures) 70_nc_c10
NC_John is offline   Reply With Quote