View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 03:12 AM   #55
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Dies when Secondaries Open (Fuel Shortage?)

Well here's the skinny on my buddy's situation. A lot has happened in a short period of time. We had a successful cam break in. I actually really like this cam. But all is not well. There is some serious mechanical issue with his motor. The past couple of days have been kinda up in the air as to what the next move is gonna be. On the table are: pull the motor, find a 383 stroker short block on the cheap and through a set of aluminum heads on it. Or pull his motor and disassemble it, send it to the machine shop have it tanked and fluxed. If it checks out then machine it for a stroker kit and get a full balanced rotating assembly with a set of aluminum heads, reassemble it and drop it back in and bolt all existing parts back on it. We jacked up the truck and started it
The horrible noice is definitely in the bottom end. I thought it was torque converter as I laid underneath it with it running, but we eliminated that as a possibility. Then we thought it was possible that the distributor was binding up on the oil pump drivesshaft. So we used a shim kit and the noise remains. He is not interested in the how and why. He just wants 400+ HP out of it. So a stroker kit with a set of edelbrock performer heads might be in the works. The old cam was definitely flat. Check out these pics.
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote