View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 09:57 PM   #1419
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I know what you're saying, Duke. It's the 1% that give the lawmen the go ahead from the powers that be (or their own egos) to put the clamps on the fun. In OC, MD fun has always been against the law. It's a resort town and they make beaucoup bucks off of out of towners as soon as they get frisky. Then they come up with the cruise weekends before Memorial day and after labor day, traditional beginning and end of season to bring in more money. Then when people do what they do at such events they crack down. It may be people complaining... people who don't have enough sense to not go those weekends if they don't like loud cars and smokin' rubber. Now they have a special event (lower) speed limit throughout the town and if they can hear your exhaust from 50' they can give a ticket. I can hear most any car idling from 50'. I was surprised they ever allowed the event to happen. Well, now it seems they don't really want it. Maybe they need to start a quilt convention

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote